School 13 - TongueTied School 13 - TongueTied

So close to perfect that I'm almost disappointed..

Short and sweet: it was cute, and I enjoyed it a lot.
But on a deeper level, you left several subtle details out of the animation that I saw in your sketches that would have just made this sooo much sweeter. Like the small tear from her eye when he tried to pull her away, the detail in her eyes that I saw in the sketch as well that just wasn't there in the animation... it kinda ruins this beautiful animation for me despite how good it is. Alas this probably won't even be read amongst the others so I'll stop blabbering.

All in all, it was wonderful, so much thanks for brightening up my holidays. Belated Merry Christmas and happy new year!

Resident Evil Pwanchi Pt4 Resident Evil Pwanchi Pt4

I'm afraid there is a slight problem...

4 stars since I am already a fan of your previous work,
2 more for loading screen artwork,
but I am afraid your flash isn't loading (as I have let the loading screen "load" for an hour now) so I cannot give you anymore stars. You might want to get some bugs fixed it would seem, since I'm not the only one this has happened to. I hope you can remedy this, I would love to actually see it sometime.

cyotecody555 responds:

it must be a glitch :(
For most people it loads
Someone has uploaded it to Youtube, if you cant get this to work, just check it out there

The Hard Way The Hard Way

Explosm? On NEWGROUNDS??????

Holy Moses it's like have brownies AND icecream at the cafeteria on the same day! Two of my favorite websites merged into one finally! I certainly hope this becomes a regular!

Rift War Rift War

I am incredibly disappointed...

Your song is not posted. As much as I am a lover of NemesisTheory's "Gracious Winter" I find it disheartening that you did not give credit of this song to Nemesis.. As much as I love your game and choice of music, it loses stars due to that. Please post the song so those of us who really want to download/listen to it can.

Defend! Defend!

Good vintage game...

This game is great for all the more vintage lovers out there BUT... it is one of the most difficult I've tried. No optional difficulty levels or anything. Other than that it is quite addicting I liked it. 8 stars for great game but 1 life.. oh well.

Whispering lakes of Araniah Whispering lakes of Araniah

I do not know if you have played Amnesia; The Dark Decent, but this is nearly sounds inspired by either it or the Lord of the Rings. Thank you, Fox, your endless imagination has truly put a unique spin on a piece I will enjoy and listen to for a long time.

Chapter in Life Chapter in Life

Seems curiosity doesn't always kill that cat...

I'm glad I took an interest in your collection. You are a new favorite artist of mine with the inclusion of this piece. I love every last drop of the essence you captured here, and hope you know that I'll probably play this on my iPod for years after this. It sounds like you truly put a lot of effort and thought into this, and it has paid off. Thank you for making wonderful music.

When Dragons rise When Dragons rise

Well done.

You do your title justice, as I had hoped. I have always loved dragons of creatures of raw power, beauty, and wisdom, and I hear every bit of that in this song. I think I'll have to rummage around some of your other songs now... All to say, amazing work!

Madness of Men Madness of Men

What you have here is an ingenious and very original portrayal of the "Ozymandias" poem, and I am impressed. I've not seen anyone make such an effort to stretch the meaning of Shelley's work like you did here, but you did so in a way that gives even more impact, in a post-modern light at that.
I'm happy this has gotten as much publicity as it has, it is one of few pieces that truly deserves the attention. Excellent job!

Color Corruption Color Corruption

As a student graphic designer I may be biased, but I almost wish this were a poster as an advertisement. There are so many meanings you can derive from this, and even more ways you can cleverly draw them out.
To your use of color scale: How did you accomplish the LED-screen-from-an-angle look? You either have one hell of an eye, or methinks you used a combination of good layering and hue adjustment. I am fascinated. Either way, 10/10 mate.
The style and composition of your picture combine beautifully to give this piece an intriguing retro-punk flare that I just can't get my mind off of. Good work.

Zigan responds:

Thank you! Your words are very kind and appreciated. To answer your question, I did use a few layers and adjusting their properties as well as some hue adjustments. Always fun to create and learn, and hear great feedback! I am definitley a fan of the retro-cyberpunk theme ;)

Bloody Anne Bloody Anne

About the eyes...

What a story; that of an innocent soul gone rogue (if you would call it that). Such a both epic and regal picture. And yes I noticed the Blood charm. If you ever plan to edit this picture, I would heavily suggest adding a hint of an amber reflection from the shadowed eyes. Almost as if they had a barely noticeable glow. Not prominent, but just barely noticeable. Such a touch would give this picture such a fiery spark. Nonetheless.. this is a magnificent picture.
If there is an actual story behind this series somewhere I would love to read it.

AlvinHew responds:

Yes! You can read the full story on my deviantART. I posted a chapter of the story with each piece.

Thanks for your review, I really enjoyed reading it.