Whispering lakes of Araniah Whispering lakes of Araniah

I do not know if you have played Amnesia; The Dark Decent, but this is nearly sounds inspired by either it or the Lord of the Rings. Thank you, Fox, your endless imagination has truly put a unique spin on a piece I will enjoy and listen to for a long time.

Chapter in Life Chapter in Life

Seems curiosity doesn't always kill that cat...

I'm glad I took an interest in your collection. You are a new favorite artist of mine with the inclusion of this piece. I love every last drop of the essence you captured here, and hope you know that I'll probably play this on my iPod for years after this. It sounds like you truly put a lot of effort and thought into this, and it has paid off. Thank you for making wonderful music.

When Dragons rise When Dragons rise

Well done.

You do your title justice, as I had hoped. I have always loved dragons of creatures of raw power, beauty, and wisdom, and I hear every bit of that in this song. I think I'll have to rummage around some of your other songs now... All to say, amazing work!

-Glorious morning- -Glorious morning-

The sign of a truly good song

Since I DL'd this song over 2 years ago and put it on my iPod I've listened to it countless times in my car. I've always loved this song ever since I played Age of War so long ago. I'm surprised yet not surprised to see it among the top scoring Newgrounds songs after over 3 years, this song deserves it.

[DjAlyX]Tetris Hardcore RemiX [DjAlyX]Tetris Hardcore RemiX

YAY!!!!! Something both original AND unusual!

What can I say? Almost too much originality for just one song! Little beeps, boops, and I believe I heard a gameboy startup in there lol. Many of the other remixes are just too straightforward for my tastes; the same ol' song with different sounds put to the notes. Not you, sir. Thank you for bringing back a GOOD remix of a truly memorable song.

dreadnought106 responds:

Well i tried to make most of the sounds from the original game but also included some from super mario bros and super mario kart =D I just wanted to make a worthwhile tribute to the game :) Thanks for the review :)

-DjAlyX

A Touch Of Destiny A Touch Of Destiny

Bravo

Agreeing with X-infinity-Zero, what I love is not the "new technological sounds" or fancy pans, band tweaks, or oscillators, but your amazing sense of melody. Your melodic and original style makes you a new favorite artist of mine. Also, this is probably one of the most non-repetitive songs I've heard. Your beats, mixes, transitions practically never repeat, and the sounds you picked seem near-perfectly suited for the song.

Criticism? Er...well honestly, it's quite hard to find something to criticize when enjoying the song so damn much! The only thing I find a bit distracting is the quality is a bit low, but it IS a long song after all (not that I mind in the slightest). Keep the refreshing work coming!

PaulyBFromDa303 responds:

Well the quality issue is quite simple, my program is WAAAAAAY obsolite as of now, and I desperately am needing of a new one. I am still trying to figure out Fruity Loops 9, but until I do this crappy one will have to work. Thanks for your opinion, that's what I love about this sort of thing.

And I'm really glad you like the song. I aim for it never to be repetitive. Sometimes I fail lol. But hey what doesnt kill us makes better songs right? LOL Thanks a lot man

SyTeQ - Ancient forest SyTeQ - Ancient forest

Extremely well-done, and incredibly under-rated.

I don't know what program you used, but it sounds like you spend a lot of time trying to get the exact sounds you wanted, since your pads and strings fit together near-perfectly. It is a beautifully ambient song, the only small problem I have with it is that it repeats the same two chords over again. It's still good though, aw heck you still get 10 stars.

SyTeQ responds:

Thanks!!!

I used Propellerheads Reason 3 when i composed this one ( Reason 4 in use now a days).

SyTeQ

A Dream Untamed A Dream Untamed

I see you came back with another good one.

Liking the new sounds! I love your melodies and composition, but somehow the entire song sounds.. well muffled. There are no really low or high freqs; your drums have no thump and your harps and strings have no distinct 'zing' to them to make them sound like you are right there.. but sorry I'm rambling.

While your composition is absolutely both astounding and ingenious you might want to play around with some EQ tweaking (remastering would make the song PERFECT). I know FL Studio has something called a "soundgoodizer" that gives the EQ bands a nice stretch and boost to give the sounds a "right there" feel, but I don't know about garageband. Either way, I would love to hear any expounding on this piece in the future. Great job!

jdh504 responds:

Thanks for the great review! It might be cause I turned the overall volume of the whole composition down and was having trouble getting to where it wouldn't peak. I'm definitely not the best at EQing stuff either lol, I could probably mess around with it again though, but regardless of all of that I'm really glad you enjoyed the song! I really appreciate the review and kind criticism! Thanks! :D

-Ice Cave- -Ice Cave-

Hehe... I like this style a lot

Very intriguing how it feels like I'm hearing this with more than my ears.. Sends waves of chills down my spine. I love the way you can just hear the insistent fear playing all around the edges of the sounds you use. For other listeners, listening in total darkness really does help the effect of the song. Very nice....

Lakhamu responds:

Looks like You've really experienced everything I was hoping to invoke... Thank You very much for this review.

Oh shit, it's grandma! Oh shit, it's grandma!

Made my day!

The title made me laugh enough, and yet I find myself visualizing the same bizarre scene... and laugh my ass off!! Thank you for your creativity.. lol.